January 17, 2010

How does your garden grow?

No, it's not a question about gardening, but the title of my latest bag pattern which has just featured in the Australian Patchwork & Stitching magazine.



It is made using a Moda Simplicity jelly roll I bought a couple of years ago and I decided then that I would see how many projects I could make using the strips. I've lost track of how many bags I made (I always seem to forget to take photos of presents I make!), but I remember making the above pattern in blue for one of the grand-daughters. The jelly roll fabric also was used to make this sewing compendium, which I also taught at the Creative Craft Retreat in Queensland last year.






Jelly Rolls are really quite good value and it is just great having co-ordinating fabrics, isn't it?

This week, in between washing everything from our camping trip, cleaning the campervan and catching up with friends, I've been steadily working on the new BOM which starts in a couple of weeks. I am really enjoying producing these blocks. I think they are so sweet and pretty - can't wait to show you the first one, but I will be disciplined and just give you a little sneak peak!



I've also been updating the website and I'm working on having all my patterns available in pdf format with a much easier purchase system in the very near future.  ... And I am planning to have some super specials to celebrate!

I look forward to having you visit again soon!

Happy stitching.

Val

3 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Hi Val, I can't wait for the mag to arrive in NZ,it seems that we sometimes miss out on some issues so I hope this isn't one of them, I for one will be making that bag a.s.a.p.- thankyou for your kindness.
hugs
Miche'le

Allie said...

That bag is darling! As is the sewing compendium! I can't wait to see the new bom, it looks so pretty - and yay for pdf patterns, I love them!

Simone said...

Hello Val,
the sewing compendium is very lovely. I like the stitcheries in combination to the fabrics you used.
Wartmest regards
Simone