January 31, 2010

The Pantry is stocked!

We live in a wonderful land of plenty in Australia and at this season here in the south we have the most delicious stone fruit available.  I have been preserving peaches and plums - 19 bottles.  With what I have left from last year, that will see us through the whole year.  We mainly use the fruit on our cereal for breakfast - YUM!  With my homemade yoghurt and my own muesli recipe, it is extra YUMMY!

Don't these plums look wonderful?  They taste as good as they look.

Then my DH thinks supermarket jam is just the pits and loves me to make 'real' jam with lots of body, so for years I have been regularly making jam - plum, peach, tamarillo, apricot, rosella, and whatever else might be in season. This week it was time to make a couple of batches of sweet orange marmalade.  It has to be CHUNKY!


Now that the pantry is stocked, I have had my nose down stitching.  There have been two commissionings this week from magazines - one project was already made but the other one will require a lot of work.  Then some curtains needed to be made for our daughter in Japan.  There'll be a photo after she has opened the parcel, in case she reads this blog! 

These little hats popped into a design when I wasn't looking:


They definitely weren't there when I started!


but how could I resist their charms?


You can tell I have been having fun!  Now I had better put some housework on the "to do" list for next week!

Happy stitching!
Val

5 comments:

CraftyMummy said...

The hats are gorgeous, Val! I was stitching my little "Love never fails" stitchery last night from Craft Retreat, as I watched the tennis. Its finally nearly finished:-)

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

The little hats are so sweet, Val! Wanted to thank you for the "What is Love?" free designs. I've had a busy month and realized I hadn't printed #8! I just printed it (and had to do it twice as I had the print size set wrong). I don't have time to stitch them right now but that verse is my favorite from the Bible. And interestingly, it was the basis for Pastor Brigit's sermon this morning. Divine reminder don't ya think? :-)

Lolita said...

Hello val, this hats are so preties and lovely, i like so much.
Well about news i tell you almost finish my project when i finish it, i will go to send a photo.
bye.
Lolita From Costa Rica

Allie said...

Wow you've been busy, what lovely plums! I adore your little hats, they are SO sweet!

Vesuviusmama said...

Those hats are WONDERFUL!