January 4, 2011

Looking back and looking forward ...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that the new year has started well for you.  We have had lots of family holidaying with us and friends visiting, so the sewing machine is well and truly packed away, but I have done a wee bit of stitching at night.  It has been so lovely to spend time with a few of our grandchildren which has been a rare event in the past and we're looking forward to also having two of our interstate grand-daughters with us in a couple of weeks.

2010 for me saw a lot of projects completed, 20 of which were published in various Australian magazines. Here are some of my favourites:

Fan & Heart Charm Quilt

 Fairy Floss Quilt

Harmony Rose Biscornu & Scissor case

Hearts & Braid table runner


Sweet Treat Cup Bag


 
The Herb Garden

My Wardrobe 

 Rose Delight Etui

 Shell of Roses Needlebook and Scissor case

Fantasia

I'm not into making New Year resolutions - they just don't work for me as I'm unlikely to stick with them for much more than a few hours, let alone a whole year!  I plan to have a new Block of the Month free pattern for you starting mid January.  Then I have lots of lovely fabric that I hope will come together in some beautiful projects throughout the year.  I'm looking forward to getting back into designing next month after 5 months away from it, what with selling our home, buying a new one, packing, moving, unpacking, making Christmas presents and feeding a large number of house guests! 

I hope you'll drop by and keep in touch throughout the year.

Regards
Val

10 comments:

Sharon said...

I am so happy to see you posting! I was worried about you when I heard about the flooding in Queensland. I have just completed the third Gifts of Grace block and enjoying these so much! It is giving me much needed embroidery practice. I know I'm behind, but I have them all printed out. I'm looking forward to your new BOM! Maybe I can keep up this time. :)

Christine M said...

Happy New Year Val. You certainly had a very productive year! I'm looking forward to what you have in store for 2011. Hugs, Christine

Allie said...

20 published projects - wow Val good for you! I love them all. The Shell of Roses and Needlecase remains my favorite though...can't wait to see what you're up to next, Val! Happy New Year!!

Vesuviusmama said...

20 projects published in one year!?! I'm in awe! Especially with all that was going on with your moving situation. Good for you! Looking forward to seeing what comes out of your creative mind this year!

Marsha B said...

Thank you for your wonderful designs last year and I'm soooooo looking forward to what you have for us this year! You are very talented and your designs are gorgeous!

Rita E in AZ said...

You must be so proud of your 2010 accomplishments. I enjoy your blog so much.

Chookyblue...... said...

the Herb Garden is my favorite........love it........lots of beautiful designs

Sue from Cyprus said...

Hi Val

What lovely designs. I love them all but the wardrobe design is my favourite. Such cute designs. Looking forward to the new BOM. Can we see a peek though?

Happy New Year,
Hugs, Sue from Cyprus x x x

quilterfaye said...

Hi Val,Glad to hear from you. Wow,great pics of some of what you have accomplished this year.
Are you okay?? Worried with the flooding in Queensland we hear about.
Takecare. Prayers are with all inQueensland.
Hugs,Faye

Ondrea said...

What a wonderful array of gorgeous projects Val! I recently completed the Fantasy wallhanging all in blues and whites and it hangs proudly in my bedroom. I shall gradually get some more of these beautiful designs done this year hopefully. Thankyou for your lovely designs and putting a smile on my face.